Sunday, March 22, 2015

Straya Mate!

So this past week, I have been informally polling my friends, getting their opinions on where I should do my next blog post on (since I was kinda running low on ideas), and it appears that the majority of them think I need a post on Australia, so guess what this post's about? If you guessed Timbuktu, you're wrong. It's Australia.

I have to admit, I honestly have never given much thought to a vacation in Australia (probably because I always just associated it with crocodile wrestlers and violent kangaroos), but after thinking about it over the past few days, it actually sounds kind of fun! The first thing I would want to do in Australia is visit Sydney Harbor, where a lot of the really well-known things in Sydney, like the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Botanic Gardens, and ferries are. I've kind of had a thing for harbors and sailboats ever since I visited Baltimore's Inner Harbor this summer, so I would definitely want to see Sydney's harbor if I ever get the chance to visit.

An aerial view of Sydney Harbor.
Image Courtesy of: Wikipedia
Since the first time I watched Nemo however many centuries ago, I have had the life goal of finding the real life 42 Wallaby Way Sydney. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, you really need to waste more of your life watching Disney movies. I would have no problem spending an entire in Sydney looking for this address. Unfortunately, however, the prospects of me actually finding this address are looking slim, based on my search on Google Maps; it comes up with a map of Utah, so that's always promising!
This movie is honestly my life!
Video Courtesy of: YouTube

Another thing I would want to do in Australia is visit Tasmania, an island off the coast of the Australian mainland. Because Australia was more separated from other continents as they broke away from Pangaea, they have a lot of really weird animal life that is not found on other continents, and Tasmania is kind of like weirdness of most of Australia x 10. They have (well, had, because some of them are extinct now) these weird Tasmanian tigers, Tasmanian devils, these big poisonous lizard-dragon things that I saw on Animal Planet once, and more! I would definitely want to see as many weird Tasmanian animals as I could while in Australia.
Look at that cool Tasmanian tiger! Too bad they are extinct :(
Image Courtesy of: Daily Mail
Finally, while in Australia, I would like to creep on hot guys and hear them talk. I think it is unanimously agreed that Australian is the hottest accent (although I have some friends who would argue that Portuguese is), so if I ever get to go to Australia, I would be sure to shut up enough to hear my fair share of Australian accents. While at my nerd camp this summer, my roommate's best friend was from Australia, and I loved her accent so much that every time she would come into our room, I would turn off my music just to hear her talk!

Are you guys going anywhere fun over Spring Break? Let me know if you are; I'd love to know where people are going to be visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Ok so I lived in Australia for a year and now I am obsessed with wombats. They are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Australia looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really want to go sometime!

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with you on stalking hot guys, their accent is just too much to resist!
    XOXO
    Siena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. We should go to Australia sometime and stalk hot guys!

      Delete